Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Fresh Start

Seven-year-old Bakira didn't spend long on our Available Dogs page. Bakira arrived in foster care less than two weeks ago with moderate anxiety issues- loss of appetite, shaking, and licking her paws until they were red and hairless. These symptoms had been too much for Bakira's previous owner to handle. Bakira needed a fresh start. But a fresh start is a lot to ask from an emotionally wounded seven year old. Will Bakira rise to the challenge and take life one paw at a time?

Bakira's adoptive mom Jen shares an update and Bakira's new name!

I brought Pip (formerly Bakira) home with me last Saturday and I can’t even begin to tell you how wonderful she is. She is so well trained, well behaved, smart and fun! When I brought her home Saturday she was my shadow but only 5 days later I can tell that she’s comfortable in her new home. She’s become independent and quite the explorer but is always ready to snuggle when called. She loves her tennis balls (the miniature ones) and will play fetch for hours. She wants to play with my cat, Chunk but he’s not too sure about her yet. I’m sure in time they’ll become friends! I can’t thank BTRNC enough for finding Pip for me. She is perfect and I can’t imagine life without her! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home