Sunday, April 04, 2010

CAPTAIN LOVE BUG?

It seems that I am continuously compelled to reveal the age of the Boastful Boston. I like references to songs from the 70s, commercial jingles from the 80s and now television shows from Nick at Night. Today I am inspired by our foster boy Captain who instead of being Caption of the Love Boat - is the captain of love bugs! His favorite place is curled up next to you on the sofa.



Yes, he is a little older than some of our foster dogs but he still has a lot of fire under that fur and wants nothing more than to be loved for the rest of his days. And that could be a whole lot of days. Consider that most of our volunteers have or have had at least 1 boston well into their teen age years. I personally have been blessed with a 19 and a 15 year old through the years. Our rescue President has a whole family of seniors who keep her life busy and and full of love. It is not at all unusual for bostons to live 15 or more years. Eight is a long way from 15 in dog years. Don't let Captain's age scare you away.



And if I was watching The Love Boat when it was "shiny and new", imagine how happy I would be to just sit on the sofa with a love bug curled next to me. I'm not nearly as eager to jump up and down and chase a youngster any more. I know I'm not the only one.

Captain has learned to accept his crate and to do his business outside while he has been in his foster home. He is not found of dominant or intact males but get along very well with the female bostons in his home.





Captain Love Bug wants to wish everyone a Happy Easter, or Happy Sunday as you prefer. He is hoping that the Easter Bunny has one last treat to deliver - a forever home. Captain will return your love for him 10 folk and promises to always keep you warm!








1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Teresa said...

I also had a Boston Terrier (Pepper) that lived to the ripe old age of 15. Pepper was full of life right up to her final month with us and I would not trade my time with her for anything. The only thing is that 15yrs was not long enough and she took a big piece of my heart with her. To anyone considering an older dog I say go for it they fill our lives with love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home