Thursday, March 18, 2010



UPDATE ON SANCTUARY BABY - TRIXIE

I posted a blog on Miss Trixie in February. You can find it in the February archives. Her foster Mom sent me a few new pictures yesterday....

Ah? This is the same dog - seriously? are you sure? Amazing!







Trixie is still very sick. Only difference is, now you would never know it from the photos and she doesn't know it either! She has a damaged heart and lungs from the heart worms, but she is on LOTS of meds to help her. One side of her lungs was filled with fluid, and her heart is so enlarged that it is pushing her windpipe to the side and around her heart. It was a very strange site to see on the x-ray! The new meds have helped a lot. She has a lot more energy, but no stamina. She can play for just a few minutes, then she goes to her bed to rest. Her foster Mom says, "I have never seen a dog in such poor health with such a strong will to live."

I don't often update from previous blogs but maybe I should do it more often. I know Trixie would appreciate you stopping by her bio to say you are proud of her.

We don't know how long Trixie will be on this side of the bridge with us but her foster Mom, BTRNC and Trixie is thankful for each day!

4 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Those are my piccies of Trixie!
She is so sweet and playful and in the best possible place :-)

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Teresa said...

This is a great thing to see. I think we could all learn how to meet with adversity from Trixie. She seems to want to get the most out of whatever time she has left. I am proud of Trixie for her courage under fire.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rock on, Trixie! You look beautiful!

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Allie said...

Trixie, you look great! I love to see you out and about playing. You can inspire many : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home