Monday, January 29, 2007

Buddy is Waiting...

Starting over in your senior years is not something you can prepare for, not is it an easy task. But our Buddy had no choice. At the age of 13, Buddy’s family contacted BTRNC and stated they could no longer afford to care for him. If a foster home was not available, his family would take him to the shelter.

In fact, a foster home was not available but when our volunteers heard Buddy’s sad story they had to take action! One volunteer stepped forward to offer the aging dog a home.

Buddy has been in foster care since. He has made a beautiful adjustment. Buddy’s foster mom happily reports, “He has discovered sleeping in the "Big Bed" is the greatest thing since dog biscuits! He was never a cuddler...but now I can't keep him out from under the blankies or off my lap :) He thinks he is a "teacup Boston" He adores being with me everywhere I go even the restroom!! He just pushes the door with his snoot and barges right in and will sit there until I leave the room with him! Due to his limited hearing, he watches me and my every movement to read my body language, he turns head with his ears perked up like they do when hearing high pitch sounds... it is the cutest thing! He has developed such a sense of security, you can really see how safe and at ease he feels now compared to how skiddish and timid he used to be. I love to see how he has progressed with his trusting issues...Buddy is the sweetest,loving little(big) boy ever!”

Although an adoptive home may never be found, Buddy still hopes, against all odds, that someone will see his face and understand his plight. He dreams of finding a mom or dad that will love him each and every one of his remaining days.

If you think you can provide Buddy a forever home, please visit our Available Dogs Page. If adoption isn’t for you, perhaps you can still show your support by making a donation to honor senior dogs and the many gifts they have to offer. Visit the Available Dogs Page and click on the “Make a Donation” button. Buddy sends his thanks.

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I feel for Buddy. I inherited a 2 year old Boston when my Dad died in 1994. I was a big part of her life at the time, and raised her as my own when he died. I had to let her go on January 18th. Her name was Geraldine, and I can't imagine loving a child anymore than I loved her. In the end, she became horribly thin, and could barely see or hear. It was not easy caring for her in the end, but my best friend deserved my best, and I loved her enough to help her find heaven when she could no longer open her mouth to eat or take her favorite Pupperonies.

I cannot take on another old dog right now. My Mom helped with Geraldine when I was at work. We
all loved her. We cannot handle losing another elderly dog right now. I will have another BT puppy when the time seems right. I can never replace my girl, but I need to love again.

I did make a donation to both Buddy and Lily, and will pray that the right owners come along.

Linda Royal

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Joiann said...

Thank you Linda for your kind donation and loving thoughts for Buddy.... I am so sorry for your loss of your best friend. I hope you will find the right Boston to help you love again.
Buddy's Foster Mom.
Joiann

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy seems like such a little sweetheart! If I didn't have 5 dogs already I would adopt him in a heartbeat. I have two bostons who are really hyper, and three medium-large sized dogs. I will pray for Buddy that he will find his forever home soon. Bostons are the best!!!Laura

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy, U R as grey as my bt. But that's o.k., U stay young at heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home