Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Favorite Foster... Shugi

I took in my first foster in November 2005. I picked her up from another foster mom and at first wondered what I had got myself into. I worried all the way home if she would make the two hour drive to my house.

Her name is Shugi, she is fourteen years young and the sweetest and most personable dog I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. When she came into the rescue she had double pneumonia and was terribly underweight. To say the least she had been badly neglected before she came to us.
She has since taught me more than I could imagine, I spent the first few weeks in and out of the vet getting her healthy, she takes medicine on a daily basis now and is doing great with it.
She has what is known as a elongated palate so I have to hand or spoon feed her soft food.

When she first came all she did was sleep, well not anymore! I have a very active fourteen year old who meets me at the door bouncing like the younger dogs in my house. She has the most expressive facial expressions you will ever see, you can tell when something is up with her in both good and bad ways. I would have to say out of all of my foster dogs she has been the biggest challenge to date.
Each one holds a place in my heart but none like Shugi, she truly lets me know I am needed each and every day.

I have to agree with the other foster moms there is no way I could do this alone, my whole family plays an active part in taking care of the fosters in our house

Please join our foster family so other dogs in need like Shugi and the many other dogs we have can have the life they so deserve.

Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home