Monday, August 01, 2011

PEETIE PETE



So my last blog was depressing and I knew when I posted it that the next one needed to be happy but I didn't know then just how happy it would be.



This is Peetie, or as I called him for the 32 hours I kept him, Peetie Pete!



I will give you all a moment to look and say what everyone says... OH MY GOSH, he is too cute!




Back with me now? This little guy was brought into the pound by a young girl who said she found him. At this shelter, when any animal is brought in as lost, they are required to hold him or her for 6 days to give the owner a chance to claim him. During that time, they are held in cages with little socialization or interaction. No one, not even a rescue can do anything for them until their hold day is up.




This little mug shot was all I had for 6 long days!






Then, the day arrived and I could snatch him! The shelter workers had been very good to him. I mean really- how could you not be good to him? They kissed and hugged him goodbye and were so happy for him. These girls work in a kill shelter and face so much sadness each day, Peetie brought them a bright light.


I brought him home, all 2 pounds of him. Other than little sores on his feet from standing on a grated bottom cage, he had done remarkably well and came out with the most amazing awe and wonder at the world, grass, carpet, screens, car rides, other dogs, a cat, and best of all people to hold him, get puppy kisses from him, pet him and carry him and protect him. His little eyes were full of wonder at it all. To say he is adorable or cute does not do him justice. He is a little miracle of survival and a mascot for all dogs in shelters hoping for their miracle.


For anyone who buys puppies from breeders or pet stores, look at this face and know that there is another option out there!


Peetie learned to come up and down the stairs that were three times higher than he was in about 2 hours. He ran at my 27 pound all muscle boston boy without the slightest fear. He even tried to take a milkbone from him. I picked him up because he is way too young for milk bones. Riley just looked at me as if to say, what is this little midget and why is he taking my food???


Everyone who met him wanted to sneak him home in their purse. My sister who was visiting was no exception I promised her I would tell you all that she wanted to name him Rambo!


Peetie is between 5 and 6 weeks old and has not yet been fully vetted. He is safe and happy with his new foster Mom who will continue to help him to grow up and learn the ways of the world. He is not old enough yet to be adopted but we know he will be one day. He has a wonderful life waiting for him and believe me he can't wait! Stay tuned!



12 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Jan said...

Beautiful!!! I LOVE this little fella!!!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that little boy!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger sammy said...

I just lost my beautiful Boston a few months ago. He died of of a stroke due to his heart, at home in my arms. He was in vet care for the last two years of his life. We had a Cardiologist seeing him with his heart condition. I had 49 condolences on my Face book page and 6 cards .Every one loved Toby. At first it was too devastating to even look a Boston. But after seeing this little baby it is time for another. They are the most precious dogs I have ever had. Toby will always be in our memory but it is time to make new memories.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger sammy said...

He is such a precious baby! When will he be avaiable?

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger alysia angel said...

I am very interested in this puppy. I can't wait to hear more about his potential adoption!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Marcus said...

Sammy and Shana, there are plenty available right now. Go to www.btrnc.org and fill out an application

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Teresa said...

He is quite a little miracle and so adorable!!!! What I do know about a Boston Terrier is this ... They are so very easy to love big or small, young or old. Once they steal your heart you will never be the same. I would like to second Marcus, please go to the website and see all of the babies just waiting to love you... their forever family !!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Ohhh no words ... He is so handsome ! We just lost our precious girl two weeks ago and I told myself we need some time before we get another dog, but honestly , I see this face and I melt! I want a little companion to greet me with kisses when I come through the door, and I miss cuddles and walks and ALL of tue joys of having a dog! Bernie will always be my girl but I can't imagine not having a little friend too much longer. Awww Peetie... You're breaking my heart with your adorableness ! Be well little guy.-Kim

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Richards of York said...

love love him... I would take him in a second. Please let me know when he ifs available. I have a perfect place for him in our family and our home.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Susan Jones said...

Has he been fully adopted? We got our Spike through NCBTR and are looking for another...

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Boastful Boston said...

Peetie, now Andie has been adopted by a family who has adopted from our rescue before and came back for a double dip. This blog created more comments than any I have done. Check back soon for a blog dedicated to Peetie and his story, including an explanation of the medical condition he had when joining us. We have some new younger ones on our dogs page. Please take a look.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Connie Parker said...

Hello Folks! I am Andys (Peetie) mom now. He is doing great living with his 4 siblings on a hobby farm in Lincoln Co. Other than being quite small, no one would guess he ever had any health issues. At almost 10 mos. old, he still under 10 lbs. He can go almost anywhere with me in my handbag and no one knows. SWEET! That is all I can say. I believe he is getting the life he deserves. He sure has improved mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home